We will keep updating this page with essential information for you about the weekend.
9.30am Saturday 24th October 2009 – 5pm Sunday 25th October 2009.
The offices of IBM on the South Bank, London – 76 Upper Ground, London, SE1 9PZ
View directions to IBM.
Mainline and Overground
Waterloo, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Blackfriars stations are all within walking distance. London’s other mainline stations are within fifteen minutes by London Underground to Waterloo station.
- Waterloo (Jubilee, Northern Charing Cross Branch, Bakerloo) – follow signs for the South Bank when exiting Waterloo and turn right when you reach the river – the office is just to the east of the National Theatre.
- Temple (Circle & District) – turn right out of the station, cross Waterloo Bridge, turn left and the venue is just beyond the National Theatre.
We will be providing more advanced “how to walk from tube station to venue” info soon.
Planned Engineering Work
For latest information on engineering works on the Underground over the weekend, please visit TFL website and select the relevent dates. In summary:
- Jubilee Line – suspended from Stanmore to Waterloo (bus replacements running), OK from Stratford – Waterloo.
- District Line – suspended Richmond – West Kensington (bus replacements running).
- Piccadilly Line – suspended Hammersmith – Northfields (bus replacements running).
As Saturday, plus:
- Central Line – suspended Liverpool Street – Leytonstone (bus replacements running).
Walking to the Venue
Walking from the stations is straightforward. IBM’s South Bank building is located between the Royal National Theatre and the London Weekend Television Studios. From Waterloo, follow the signs from the station for the South Bank. Get to road level, York Road, and head North towards the rail bridge, bear left under the bridge, into Concert Hall Approach, heading for the Royal Festival Hall. Turn right onto Belvedere Road (which becomes Upper Ground as you walk under the bridge) past the Royal National Theatre, and IBM is on your left.
From Waterloo East walk up Cornwall Road and IBM is opposite you. From Blackfriars, walk over Blackfriars Bridge, turn first right into Upper Ground and IBM is just past LWT Studios.
- There is no car parking at the venue, however there is a 24 hour car park across the street at the National Theatre and it costs £24 per 24 hours.
- There are bike racks near the entrance to the venue and along the South Bank to lock your bike in.
The schedule has been moved to it’s own page.